To an outsider, Grand Traverse County is a picture of success. New homes and businesses are popping up all over Michigan’s third-fastest growing county, and property values are on the rise. But insiders describe a county government in chaos.
NPR News Headlines
- Former U.S. Ambassador To Russia On How Trump's Policies Compare To Obama's
- Why West Virginia Teachers Are Demanding Higher Pay and Improved Benefits
- Sen. Marco Rubio Backs Down On Some Gun Ownership Restrictions At CNN Town Hall
- U.S. Women's Hockey Team Takes Home Olympic Gold In Win Over Canada
- Disney's Promised Bonus To Its Workers Comes With A Catch
News from Michigan Radio
- Engler will donate his salary at interim president of Michigan State University
- Issues & Ale: Competition and collaboration in Michigan's regional economy
- New book traces the history of Lake Superior, a tale of exploitation, recovery, and resiliency
- The Next Idea’s parting words: Believe in your idea. It might just help move Michigan forward.
- There’s a touch of Pure Michigan in PyeongChang: The fake snow.